Skip to main content
Why join the AEU?
Who can join?
How to apply
Direct Debit Agreement
Membership Fees Refund Policy
Update your details
Change or Update your direct debit details
Graduate - Upgrade to Full Membership
Tax Statement of AEU membership subscriptions
How to resign
Change or Update your credit card details
Payment by Credit Card for Subscription Notice
Organise your workplace
Strategic Plan 2020-22
Conversion to permanency
Future of TAFE
Enterprise Agreements and Awards
Acts and Regulations
Health & Safety
School Services Officers
Events & Courses
AEU Events Planner
RAN training certificates
Travel & Accommodation
Share this page
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on LinkedIn
AEU Merit Selection Training 2023
A two hour retraining session for AEU members last attended Merit Selection training in 2017 or AEU Members who want to be an AEU Representative on Merit Selection Panels
1. AEU Members who wish to beocme and AEU Representative on panels. You must have also have completed the one-hour DfE Merit Selection Training - Education and Childrens Act.
2. AEU Policy requires AEU members to complete Merit Selection Retraining every five years to be eligible to be the AEU Representative on Merit Selection Panels. If you completed Merit Selection training in
your training will expire in January 2023. You must attend a retraining session
before the end of January 2023
otherwise your training will become invalid and will be removed from AEU records.
AEU Policy is to only accredit training attended on our system. The AEU does not recognise "sitting on a panel" as being equivalent to attending a training or retraining session. Therefore, you must attend an AEU Merit Selection Retraining session to renew your certification every five years.
Dates and Times
10 January 2023, 10:00am - 12:00pm
*Additional dates and times available on the
Events and Courses page
How to Register
Click this link to download a visual step-by-step guide on how to create a member account and register for events.
- To register you will need to create a member account.
- Click sign in at the top right corner of the webpage and click forgot password (even if you don't have an account) and follow the prompts.
- Once you have a member account, return to this event page. A 'register myself' button will appear at the bottom of the event page.
- Click 'register myself' and then scroll to the bottom on the event page and 'proceed to checkout'. You must complete 'checkout' for your registration to be complete - even with free training and events.
- Click submit order and you will receive a confirmation email to the email address you created your account with.
if you need assistance.
*Currently AEU SA is undergoing a system transition and the above registration method is now preferred. However if you are having difficulties creating a member account you can
Please note: eventually you will be required to have a member account through this platform. Alternatively contact
and we can assist you with your event registration
AEU SA Union Training Team
Phone: (08) 8172 6300
10/01/2023 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
If there is a
button above, click the button then scroll to the bottom of the page and click
Proceed to Checkout
Note that you must checkout your registration, even when there is no cost.