Full AEU Members (discount). Not suitable for AEU student members
*Zoom log in details will be sent to you approx. 24 - 48 hours before the event.
Dates and Times
Online option now available: Thursday 14 July 2022 - School Holidays - 10:00am - 2:00pm
AEU Members (discounted rate): $33.00 (incl. GST) online
*Please note if you have chosen the online option after already registering for the in-person course you will need to still submit registration and payment for $33.00. We will then refund your original in-person course payment. Please let us know via email.
Our Classroom Management and Engagement Strategies course is great for members who would like to refresh and refine their skills in the classroom while diversifying methodology. Our aim is to develop the knowledge and skills of classroom teachers in direct relation to classroom management and student engagement practices.
- an increased competence and confidence to engage students and manage unproductive behaviour
- an increased repertoire of responses to address attention-seeking behaviour, including low key responses, giving choices and effective consequences
- an awareness and comprehension of teaching skills to effectively deal with escalating behaviours including diffusing power struggles
- a common language to discuss student behaviour and their teaching practices
- an awareness and comprehension of instructional skills, with emphasis on effective questioning techniques and cooperative learning to increase student academic engagement.
This workshop has been mapped against the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
1.5 Differentiate teaching to meet the specific learning needs of students across the full range of abilities
3.3 Use teaching strategies
3.5 Use effective classroom communication
4.1 Support student participation
4.2 Manage classroom activities
Click here to register for this course
For further information please contact:
Sam Lisle-Menzel, AEU SA Union Education Director