This training is now full.
Please email email@example.com to be placed on the wait list.
If you have recently submitted a booking form for this training, your booking will be processed shortly.
Full AEU Members (discount). Not suitable for AEU student members
Potential AEU members - see costs below.
Dates and times:
Tuesday 13 April and Wednesday 14 April - School Holidays - 9:15am-3:30pm
AEU Members (discounted rate): $99.00 for 2 days (incl. GST)
Potential Member (working in public education): $333.00 for 2 days (incl. GST)
Our Classroom Management and Engagement Strategies are great for members who would like to refresh and refine their skills in the classroom while diversifying methodology. Our aim is to develop knowledge and skills of classroom teachers in direct relation to classroom management and student engagement practices.
- an increased competence and confidence to engage students and manage unproductive behaviour
- an increased repertoire of responses to address attention-seeking behaviour, including low key responses, giving choices and effective consequences
- an awareness and comprehension of teaching skills to effectively deal with escalating behaviours including diffusing power struggles
- a common language to discuss student behaviour and their teaching practices
- an awareness and comprehension of instructional skills, with emphasis on effective questioning techniques and cooperative learning to increase student academic engagement.
This workshop has been mapped against the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
1.5 Differentiate teaching to meet the specific learning needs of students across the full range of abilities
3.3 Use teaching strategies
3.5 Use effective classroom communication
4.1 Support student participation
4.2 Manage classroom activities
This event is now full. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the wait list.
For further information please contact:
Sam Lisle-Menzel, AEU SA Union Education Director