What is it?
This three day face to face hands on training uses classroom management strategies that have proven to be effective time and time again.
Day 1: Tuesday 16 April 2019, 09:15am to 3:30pm
Skilled classroom teachers share the strategies that work for them to engage students in effective learning and assist them in managing their classroom.
You will need to enroll for all three days and the skills you learn will be able to be used in a variety of setting.
Day 2: Wednesday 17 April 2019, 09:15am to 3:30pm
Day 3: Tuesday 9 July 2019, 09:15am to 3:30pm
Please ensure you are available for all three days prior to registration
Full AEU Members (discount)
Not suitable for AEU student members
Potential AEU Members
Cost for three days:
AEU Members: $99 (incl. GST)
Potential Members: $333 (incl. GST)
Includes catering and printed materials
To develop the knowledge and skills of classroom teachers in direct relation to classroom management and student engagement practices.
• an increased competence and confidence to engage students and manage unproductive behaviour
This workshop has been mapped against the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
• an increased repertoire of responses to address attention-seeking behaviour, including low key responses, giving choices and effective consequences
• an awareness and comprehension of teaching skills to effectively deal with escalating behaviours including diffusing power struggles
• a common language to discuss student behaviour and their teaching practices
• an awareness and comprehension of instructional skills, with emphasis on effective questioning techniques and cooperative learning to increase student academic engagement.
1.5 Differentiate teaching to meet the specific learning needs of students across the full range of abilities
3.3 Use teaching strategies
3.5 Use effective classroom communication
4.1 Support student participation
4.2 Manage classroom activities
To register please click here
Sam Lisle-Menzel, Union Training & Professional Development Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org