2022 CMES Train the Trainer program – applications open now!
The AEU SA Branch leads the professional voice of teachers in classrooms and are currently looking to expand our successful Classroom Management and Engagement Strategies (CMES) program to members all across South Australia.
Following the extremely successful program we are calling for expressions of interest for scholarships to complete an AEU Certificate of Classroom Management and Engagement Strategies and help extend our reach.
Previous participants have indicated this course has not only reinvigorated their own practice but also assisted them support their colleagues and created cohesive and exciting classrooms across the public education system.
Applicants will be selected from preschool through to senior school settings. Teachers (including leaders and TRTs), SSOs and AEWs are encouraged to apply. A full 5 day synchronous plus asynchronous commitment required.
The successfully applicants will be trained in CMES theory and practice and work towards delivery to AEU members in a variety of settings including your own site.
Scholarship will include:
Explicit training in CMES (multiple modules)
- Adult Education module
- Public Speaking module
- Union Values module
- Peer observation and conferencing training
Training delivery experience with colleague support
- Travel and accommodation if required.
Successful applicants will be required to:
Commit to attend 5 face-to-face training days, plus reading time
- Have completed CMIS introduction course via AEU SA or have 5 or more years' teaching experience
- Commit to upskilling in current CMES practices
- Be a financial AEU members.
Face-to-face training will be via AEU SA Central Office (163 Greenhill Road Parkside). On completion of qualification, delivery of course materials may be at various locations across the state.
Benefits to you:
- Updated CMES skills
- Improvement in classroom management and student engagement methodology
- Peer Conferencing skills
- Certificate of completion
- Ongoing involvement in CMES community and upskilling.
Places are strictly limited. Applications close Monday 6 December 2021.
Expressions of interest must be submitted via email to [email protected] and should be a maximum of 500 words outlining your interest in classroom management, student engagement and instructional strategies. You may like to consider sharing:
- the age range of students you work with
- successful professional learning you have been involved in delivering
- a short overview of your knowledge of classroom management and instructional strategies
- examples showing a commitment to equal opportunity.
Applicants must commit to participate in all dates.
Scheduled dates for 2022 program are:
- Train the trainer initial modules: Tuesday 18 and Wednesday 19 January
- Mid-term check- in meeting (date to be negotiated)
- Train the trainer extension and delivery modules: Tuesday 26, Wednesday 27 and Thursday 28 April
- Follow up meeting (date to be negotiated).
If you or a teacher you know of are interested in attending the Classroom Management and Engagement Strategies Course (separate to the above Train the Trainer Program) register here.