Getting our due Respect
It’s time to reclaim our profession and demand that we be heard by those who influence public education.
Respect is our campaign to reclaim our professional voice and demand conditions, strategies and policies that can really improve public education and student learning outcomes.
Respect is the campaign that will ensure AEU members are heard throughout our negotiations for new enterprise agreements.
The AEU has developed a position paper - Respect: Public Education Priorities 2018 and beyond that provides a well reasoned rationale for broad support for Public Education and measures needed to improve learning and teaching in preschools, schools and TAFE. Political parties will have to declare where they stand on:
- Respecting the public education workforce
- Working constructively with the AEU and the education profession
- Adequate resourcing of all levels of the South Australian public education system
- Recognising the importance of equity in public education
- Evidence-based reform
- Reducing the high costs of education policy failure.
To succeed in this campaign we must work together and stay strong when the going gets tough. This means:
recruiting new members to build upon our strength
ensuring broad member participation in AEU action at every site to support our bargaining strategy.