New Educators are those who are in their first three years of teaching. The AEU recognises that there are many challenges to overcome when entering the teaching profession, that's why we provide new educators with a range of support mechanisms and important training and development options.
As a new educator, the AEU stays in touch with your needs through the New Educators Network which helps shape all the union's activity for beginning teachers.
The AEU New Educator's State Conference is always hugely popular. Attendance at this exciting event to be held in March 2013 is a great way to arm yourself for survival in the first challenging years of your career. Two out of every five teachers drop out of the profession in their first five years; we don't want it to be you.
- Application Writing for teaching positions: TRT/Contract Teacher focus
A practical workshop to help members apply for teaching positions. > Read more
- Application Writing for teaching positions: Country focus
A holiday workshop to help members apply for teaching positions. > Read more
- Responding to Abuse and Neglect: Education & Care Focus Training 2016
The AEU provides full-day Responding to Abuse and Neglect: Education & Care Focus training as a service for members. > Read more
- Classroom Management for New Educators 2016 City & Pt Pirie
A high demand 2 day practical course for new educators who have attended an AEU New Educators' Conference. > Read more
- Considering teaching overseas? Inform yourself about the risks
Sometimes things go wrong for teachers who choose to teach overseas. This leaflet will help you inform you of the risks and how to maximise the chances of a positive experience. > Read more
- Not receiving your non-contact time? Call the AEU.
Workload discussions are in full flight at the AEU following the recent survey of teachers and leaders work. > Read more