AEU Branch Council07-02-2013
Branch Council is the supreme decision making body of the union and meets four times a year (once a term) on a Saturday, from 10.00am to 1.00pm at the AEU, 163 Greenhill Road Parkside.
AEU Branch Council Dates for 2013
Term 1: Saturday 23 March
Term 2: Saturday 01 June
Term 3: Saturday 24 August
Term 4: Saturday 23 November
More about AEU Branch Council
- Branch Council consists of approximately 130 Delegates elected from Areas and TAFE Divisional Council and the 20 members of Branch Executive.
- AEU Rules provide for at least 50% of delegate positions to be filled by women.
- Delegates are elected by Area, and how many delegates per Area entitlement is determined by the number of members in that Area.
- Branch Council delegates are expected to attend their Area Meetings. These are usually held in the week preceding Branch Council.
- Branch Council delegate is important position in the union's governance. To learn more about the role Delegates can attend AEU union training that is specifically designed to support them.
- Country members' attendance is supported with travel and accommodation provision and child care is funded on request.
- A women's breakfast which women delegates can opt to attend starts at 9am. It provides support for women and an opportunity for the day's agenda to be discussed.
A number of training courses have been developed to support potential, proxy and elected council delegates.