We only use the personal information you provide us for the purpose for which you provided it.
The following policy was adopted by the AEU (SA Branch) in February 2002:
- The Australian Education Union (SA Branch) respects the privacy of membership information held by the union.
- Member information is collected and held by the AEU to assist us in achieving the objectives of the union, and to provide services and benefits to members.
- Members may gain access to personal information held about them by the AEU. The AEU will update incorrect or incomplete information promptly.
- We will permit only authorised employees to access member information held by the AEU.
- The AEU may disclose members' personal information to:
- DECD and DFEEST and relevant government bodies for the purposes of representing members' interests.
- The union's legal advisers for the purpose of representing members in legal proceedings or seeking legal advice.
- Organisations that provide services to AEU members, but only for the purpose of verification of union membership.
- State and Federal Industrial Registrars, Australian Electoral Commission and other statutory bodies where required by state or federal legislation.
- The union's mailing house for distribution of notices and publications where a confidentiality agreement exists between the AEU and the service supplier.
6. The AEU (SA Branch) can be contacted at 163 Greenhill Road, Parkside SA 5063.