Statewide stoppage: country activities16-06-2008
Country rallies have been organised at the electorate offices of the MPs for Chaffey and Giles. Members are encouraged to assemble in front of these offices. The addresses for each of the electorate offices are:
11.00 am Chaffey: 13 Kay Avenue‚ Berri
10.30 am Giles: Civic Park‚ Nicolson Avenue (across from Westlands)‚ Whyalla.
There is NO rally organised in front of the MacKillop Electorate Office in Naracoorte (as advertised in a fax). The rally in the South East is in front of the Mount Gambier Electorate Office‚ 51 Gray Street Mt Gambier‚ commencing 11.00 am.
Rallies are also organised for Port Augusta and Port Pirie:
10.30 am Gladstone Square‚ Port Augusta
10.30 am New Playground‚ Ellen Street‚ Port Pirie
All members are encouraged to participate in the activities organised as part of the stop work action. Wear red‚ bring your banners‚ whistles and members of your school and preschool community.
Other Country Locations
Local activities will focus on getting our message out to the community. There will not be a central rally.
We are requesting that members organise local activities on the day of the stoppage. This includes:
- Arranging rosters for a stall to be set up in your local shopping centre in the main street to discuss the stoppage with members of your community passing by and to distribute pamphlets and postcards being sent to Sub-branch Secretaries.
- Make a banner or placard for the fence of your workplace or other prominent location.
- Ring talkback radio.
- Send e-mails to Mike Rann email@example.com and/or Michael Wright‚ Minister for Industrial Relations firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Jane Lomax-Smith‚ Minister for Education email@example.com and/or Paul Caica‚ Minister for Employment‚ Training and Further Education firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write letters to the above Ministers and your local member.
- Write a letter to the Editor of your local paper.
Let's use the day of the stoppage to keep the pressure on the State Government to resolve this dispute.