EB consultation is underway09-03-2012
Consultation with members on matters for inclusion in the AEU's upcoming enterprise bargaining negotiations have begun in earnest.
Consultation with members so far has provided the AEU with a number issues affecting ATSI educators in a range of settings. They include but are not limited to:
- More administration time for coordinators
- ACEOs expected to do many duties outside of their role
- Behaviour management, counselling, taking students and families to the doctor (duty of care). Lots of out of hours work.
- NIT – more in last award, but teachers are doing excessive out of hours work.
- Need for increased employment of Aboriginal staff in regional offices (ACEMs and others, taking in to account excessive travel requirements for the role).
AEU Executive will consider the best approach to take up these and other matters raised by members with the Government, whether in the enterprise bargaining process or through political avenues.
The AEU is seeking feedback from members on matters for inclusion in the Draft Claim. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The next round of AEU Area Meetings will include discussion on enterprise bargaining matters; we recommend members make every effort to attend. Follow this link for details of dates and times.